Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Mold is sneaky and can quickly go from a non-existent issue to a large problem in your home or business in as little as 48 hours. Something as small as a leaking water line or roof leak to something as catastrophic as flooding is all it takes to create a mold friendly environment. In addition, flood waters can unknowingly carry sewage or chemicals into your home exposing you and your family to viruses, bacteria, disease carriers (i.e. mosquitoes), and parasites. These environmental hazards, including mold, can cause negative health effects and significant damage to your home or business. Trust our team of highly trained professionals at SERVPRO of Gordon, Murray, & South Whitfield Counties to use our knowledge and expertise to contain and remediate your mold problem. Below are a few tips to keep your family safe if mold is suspected.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (706) 278-7378
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Gordon, Murray & South Whitfield Counties for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Gordon, Murray & South Whitfield Counties has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Rocky Face